CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SETTING UP A MONITORING AND EVALUATION FRAMEWORK FOR THE FOSTERING INCLUSIVE GROWTH THROUGH CLIMATE CHANGE CHAMPIONS PROJECT
Democracy Works Foundation (DWF) is a regional non-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to build and promote resilient, inclusive, equitable and sustainable consensus democracies in Southern Africa through providing tools, platforms and content to strengthen democrats, democratic culture, democracy institutions and promoting inclusive development.
Democracy Works Foundation is implementing the EU funded Fostering Inclusive Growth through Climate Change Champions (FIGCCC) project to facilitate meaningful CSO engagement in climate change related decision-making. It aims to create a conducive socio-political environment, where CSOs can represent and strategically communicate community-based development priorities that link to their programmes of work. This supports mainstreaming climate change issues across and within relevant sectors and government departments. By supporting community participation, oversight and accountability, the project aims to democratise climate change related decision making.
A more detailed description of the Action is available on request.
DWF seeks to appoint a Consultant to assist in the design of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework for the FIG-CCC project.
2. Application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are invited to submit their applications (either as a team or individually) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16h30 on 18th of June 2021 with the subject line “FIGCCC M&E Framework”.
The application should include the following:
a) 3-page CV with a list of relevant previously undertaken assignments and contactable references
b) 1-page cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements.
c) A sample of a research report that you completed in the past four years
d) Technical and Financial proposal, supported by a breakdown of costs.
Democracy Works seeks to ensure that all qualified people have an equal opportunity to obtain a position. DWF will consider all applications submitted prior the advertised close date. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews. If you have not heard from us within two (2) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultant will be required to:
• manage the collaboration with the FIG CCC Project Team in terms of ascertaining the necessary information.
• guide the FIG CCC Project Team in terms of required documentation.
• have full access to all reports and data: the consultancy is therefore desktop based and requires no primary collection of data or research.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Framework will be based on the contractual requirements of the EU.
The Participatory Action Research (PAR) methodology design will link to the M&E Framework, but is aimed to support the project team in enabling stakeholders to monitor their own and each other’s progresses towards agreed outcomes.
OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
• Design the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the FIG-CCC project.
• Assist in the design of a Participatory Action Research (PAR) methodology to ensure that all stakeholders include relevant indicators
• The M&E Framework must be in accordance with the approved FIG-CCC contract
TERMS OF THE CONSULTANCY
The assignment is expected to take a total of 5 working days in July 2021.
• At least a master’s degree in a relevant field.
The ideal consultant will have knowledge of and/or proven expertise in:
• 5-7 years successful experience in donor management and reporting with the EU within the NGO sector;
• An understanding of climate change issues in South Africa
• 5-7 years successful experience in conducting independent evaluations;
• Experience in the NGO sector around governance, democracy and human rights;
• Self-driven time management;
• Must exhibit high levels of tact and integrity;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with all levels of staff.