Mogale Mathibe Molala Mogale Molala is in Tshwane University of Technology (Ga-Rankuwa Campus) doing his third year in Financial Information Systems. In his first…
Democracy Works Academy (DWA) is a youth leadership, civic education and dialogue programme to inspire, empower and connect a new generation of South African change makers. The Academy is aimed at developing the capacities and networks of individuals who are committed to the development of an accountable, responsive and values-based South Africa.
The DW Academy will bring together leaders from community-based organisations, civil society and public and private sectors over a series of residential seminars. The curriculum will give participants the appropriate tools to engage and respond to accountability and governance challenges of our democracy. Through a continuous learning approach, young people will have the opportunity to deep-dive into contextual case studies and participate in immersive learning experiences.
The programme delivers:
- 30-40 Democracy Works Academy Leaders annually
- A year-long civic education programme with 3 residential seminar weeks, Political Cafes and Democracy Dialogue
- Discourse and learning with and coaching by political, social and economic leaders
- Learning experiences in multiple locations across South Africa
- A network of young ethical and responsive leaders with continued opportunities for collaboration and support from partner networks.
In partnership with:
Democracy Works Foundation (DWF), in partnership with In Transformation Initiative and supported by KPMG South Africa, is set to launch the Democracy Works Academy…
Democracy Works Foundation enthusiastically announces the start of its latest project aimed at building the next generation of ethical and responsive leaders. Democracy Works…