The panelists continue in answering Democracy Works Chairperson William Gumede’s question of why South Africans vote in particular and perhaps predictable ways in 2014.
Democracy Works Foundation seeks to strengthen democratic developmental states we focus on the following institutions:
- The Executive: enhancing capacity for effective democratic governance
- The Legislature: strengthening oversight capacity
- Civil Society: building capacity for service delivery support, oversight and its watch-dog function
- Political Parties: enhancing internal party democracy and democratic leadership for a New Politic
- Extra-parliamentary Institutions – also known as Chapter 9 institutions in South Africa: assisting their capacity to fulfill their respective mandates.
Democracy Works Chairperson William Gumede poses another question to the panelists: In 2014, why do citizens of South Africa vote the way they do?
Despite 400 complaints from opposition parties about alleged irregularities, international observer missions have hailed the Independent Electoral Commission for a “credible, fair, free and…
Worryingly South Africa’s model democratic constitution is increasingly wrongly made the scapegoat for government failures to create jobs, slash poverty and provide quality public…
The Asian financial crisis, which followed the wave of democratisation after the end of the Cold War, sparked an intense debate over the concept…