Democracy Works Foundation (DWF) strengthens Resilient Democracy in Southern Africa. Resilient Democracy is inclusive, equitable, and sustainable consensus democracy. We strengthen resilient democracy through 5 programmatic areas of work: monitoring democracy, strengthening institutions and systems, training democrats and leaders, strengthening democratic culture and we work on governance and climate change. With headquarters in South Africa, DWF works through its country offices to provide tools to develop resilient democracies. We operate across several Programmatic areas.
Democracy Works Foundation is implementing the Fostering Inclusive Growth through Climate Change Champions (FIGCCC) project with co-funding from the European Union. The project goal is to facilitate meaningful CSO engagement in climate change-related decision-making. The objective of the project is to create a conducive socio-political environment, where CSOs are capacitated to meaningfully engage in climate change planning, policy, and investment decision-making.
DWF is looking for two (2) expert consultants (or a team of consultants) who have experience working with CSOs, local government, and knowledge of the climate change space:
- A consultant (or team) to provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to CSO partners.
- A consultant (or team) to develop curricula on the broader overall theme of “Strategic Communication and Negotiations”.
To learn more about these calls, please click on the relevant link below:
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Mentoring and coaching
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Comms Expert
Individuals or teams of consultants may apply by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating in the subject line of your email which call you are responding to.
- A technical proposal with a brief description of why the individual/team is suitable for the assignment and a proposed approach to the task.
- A 3-page CV for each consultant, indicating educational background/professional qualifications, previous experience and contact details (email and telephone number) for 3 references
- Financial proposal or budget that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs.
Submissions must reach us before 16h00 on Sunday, 28 August 2022, to be considered.
Only those shortlisted will be notified for interviews. DWF will hold interviews virtually using MS Teams; applicants must ensure that they are familiar with this platform and have a stable internet connection.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within two (2) weeks after the closing date.