Position: Short Term Finance & Administration Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Short term (6 months)
Remuneration: The salary for this position is R10’000 per month
Democracy Works Foundation is an organisation committed to empowering citizens with the tools to make democracy work. DWF analyses the health of democracy and implements innovative interventions and technologies in order to foster inclusive development through a deepening of democratic culture and capacity whilst ensuring sustainability and independence of its operations.
Submission Deadline: Please send submissions to
firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date and time of 16h00 on Friday, 08 November 2019. Applications must include a letter of motivation and an up-to-date CV including three referees. Please state the position title in the subject line in your email.
DWF is seeking a young eager candidate to provide admin and finance support to the accounting process and to manage the banking documents. The ideal candidate must be organized and detail-oriented; and comfortable working with diverse teams.
Candidates are required to have the following:
• Finance degree/diploma preferable or studying towards a finance qualification
English and Maths B Grade or higher
• Computer Literate Excel Advanced
• Good Communication Skills
• Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
Previous work experience of at least one year in an NGO environment, a valid South African/SADC driver’s licence will be desirable.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Prepare all supporting documentation for the Monthly Expense report
• Maintain Finance files to ensure that they are audit ready
• Assist in updating of asset registers
• Assist in setting up preferred supplier database
• General filing and other administrative tasks
• Capture and process transaction on Pastel Evolution
• Hr admin duties
The position will report directly to the Finance Manager with regards to finance and compliance issues. Day to day supervision will take place between the Finance Officers.