Vacancies

 

South Africa jobs

Position: Provincial Project Officers

Reports to: South African Programme Manager

Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Start date: 1 September 2019

Contract type: Fixed term contract (end of the project in October 2020)

DWF is seeking to appoint Provincial Project Officers who will be responsible for planning and implementing the Civil Society Participation in Provincial Legislatures (CSPPL) project.

Submission Deadline: Please send submissions to recruitment@democracyworksfoundation.org, before the closing date and time of 16h00 on Friday 23 August 2019. Applications must include a letter of motivation and an up-to-date CV including three referees. Please state the position title in the subject line in your email.

Position Summary: The Provincial Project Officers will be responsible for planning and implementing the CSSPL project.  The focus will be weighted with 70 per cent of actions and time devoted to all aspects of project delivery one of the three provinces, and the remaining 30 per cent time devoted to the project requirements at the national level.

This provincial level delivery involves working with CSO project beneficiary organisations and legislature partners in the province.  The project officers will be responsible for ongoing relationship maintenance and information gathering from the partners for the purpose of tracking actions, and then results of the application of learning.

The project officers will provide substantial administrative and logistical support for planned project events with relevant stakeholders, recording events and reporting on events and ongoing activities. The project officers will assist in preparing and disseminating project documentation (as per required reporting), communications to partners (as per interview and tracking plan), collecting monitoring and evaluation data (to M&E Plan), and communicating project successes and achievements (to Communications and Visibility Plan).

This is a fixed term contract until the end of the project in October 2020.  Contract extension beyond this is dependent on performance and availability of funding.

Regional jobs

There are no regional vacancies at present.

Internships

Democracy Works Foundation has two intern positions available at its Johannesburg, South Africa headquarters for the first half of 2018.

Interns must be in possession of a Masters degree or in the process of obtaining a Masters degree in a discipline relevant to our work.

Non-African interns need to be entirely self-funded.

For internship possibilities at Democracy Works Foundation please email recruitment@democracyworksfoundation.org